Ir al contenido principal

This is a man's world,but it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman

All my life I've been compared to my brother and since I remember this has been a problem in my anxiety. Anyway, this way of living made that I developed an interest in the STEM areas.  In this case, I felt that's many fragments in the reading became part of my everyday thoughts.

In this case, what we can remember about history is that it is been told by the winners or the people in power,  and normally in a patriarchal way of living sometimes women get erased in this story. That was the case of many women in many different areas, companies, and countries. Anyway, they have been moments in history that women had to take some jobs even though they were not prepared for them (or society).  That' was the case of many well-known programmers and generations of women who had to work in these areas. I consider that  this  is also seen in a country that had participated actively in  the development  of new technology and  in some specific moment in history. 

 I think that the reading has a big problem due to the fact that it is located in powerful contries that  have an easy way on developing  the need of females in the industry and in some specific universities. This is because I consider that Mexico has the problem that people cannot access technology as easy as people in the States or in  UK and so women in this country have to fight the stereotype of being a woman in a man's area due to the fact that woman belong in the Kitchen or cannot do math. This is seen in the quantity of women in the STEM areas in Mexico, but they are well seen in areas such as chemistry and medicine where there are some strong  examples of women who succeed in this areas and are well developed in Mexico. Also this is being made due to the fact that we believe that people who work with computers are lonely and do not have friends, but teorically this area has three mayor areas where you can develop: developing, sales and project management but people do not understand this.

I consider that I had an advantage during my childhood due to the fact that I have a brother who likes technology and videogames, so that interest in my life has been something consistent and has helped me to persue a career I like and something I have abilities. And also I am thankful to my mother because she has always been pushing me to the next level  and not to feel less in comparison to my classmates. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The ultimate weapon.

As programmers, we have a limited language and an objective to create great things.  I consider that wee needs to understand that in comparison to other careers we have something established and that needs to be understandable to everyone else without rodeos.  Up to this moment at the University we have been taught many programming languages, the way to use them, the internationality that they have and the many ways we can use to solve a problem. We are the society of limited language but great imagination. There are some good practices that as developers we need to follow, such as making the code as understandable as possible, to generate the documentation, to describe what we are doing and so on, so that people who read our code can easily understand it and make the proper changes in the correct time. But sometimes, people do not understand it and generate the code as hard as they can, so that their ideas cannot be stolen.  The problem with developers who do this is that the li

But Mom, I just want to be Popular

This podcast was about the way Clojure was developing. I consider that the way Rich Hickey explains it is quite simple and tries to convince the audience that this programming language and way of programming is quite good, useful and simple. In this case, he explains since the use of Lisp, and how it was really popular in the 1970s,  but as computers become more complex, could do more with less and requiring more complex programs the multiparadigm languages lost the battle. Anyway, he tries to expose the way he and the java developers try to make a great comeback with this programming language. This is due to the fact that it got advantages and some other applications among some programming languages. In this case, I can compare this programming language with Mathematica, a programming language (that people consider software to compute math problems)  that can do as much as Clojure can, but with the limitations that you should understand the way the math works and the way the comp